About AMSI Travel Grants
AMSI offer a travel grant to support student travel to AMSI Summer School 2018. These grants also help cover the cost of accommodation while attending the residential school. Accommodation for students who are successful with their grant application will be located at Mannix College, which is a residential college situated in the grounds of Monash University.
Preference will be given to applicants from mathematics and statistics departments, however, students from cognate disciplines are invited to apply with the support of the AMSI Member representative at your university. To check whether your institution is an AMSI Member, please click here.
Second round travel grant applications are now open and will close on Sunday 3 December 2017.
To apply for an AMSI Travel Grant you must be:
- Enrolled in an AMSI Member University outside of Melbourne
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program in a field of study relevant to AMSI Summer School
- There are limited funded places available, this application does not guarantee funding
- We reserve the right to allocate a lower level of funding than originally requested
- If your application for funding is unsuccessful, and your attendance is dependent on this money, you or your department, if they funded your application, will receive a full refund of your registration fee.
- While non-AMSI Member students are welcome to attend the AMSI Summer School 2018, there are currently no Grants available to assist with costs.
These awards are competitive, and therefore, not all applications will necessarily be successful.
For second round applications, a panel will examine all applications received by 3 December 2017 and recommend grants and funding levels to the AMSI Summer School Director during the review period. Successful applicants will be notified by email on 11 December 2017.
Successful applicants must confirm acceptance of the Travel Grant in writing by 5pm on 20 Novembrt 2017. For second round applicants, AMSI must receive written confirmation of acceptance by 5pm on 11 December 2017. Offers not accepted within this time may be withdrawn and may be offered to other applicants.
After the Event
Travel funding, if awarded, will be provided after the event. The attendee must submit tax invoices (where possible) or other receipts for their travel to their own university, which can then invoice Monash University for reimbursement up to the agreed maximum amount.
NOTE: It is the applicants’ responsibility to check their university guidelines before booking travel
It is a requirement of your funding to complete the post-event feedback survey.